Well, well well, what a ride this year has been. In March, the world was brought to its knees as a deadly virus made its way across nations. Since then, families, businesses, couples and communities have shown incredible resilience as they have done their absolute best to adapt to the new normal. Here at Foothills, we’ve been so touched by the stories of resilience, strength, and perseverance of our staff, our community, our guests, and our clients.
Over the past several weeks (while restrictions had been eased), we were lucky enough to have some beautiful events and weddings at our venue (all with government and social distancing requirements in place, of course). Although they were only small, these events reminded us of why we do what we do. We love seeing people make memories with their loved ones, and we love bringing people together. So when it was announced earlier this week that we were going to reenter Stage 3 restrictions, we were, of course, disappointed. However, we understand the necessity of these measures and we believe that we all have an important part to play in overcoming this virus and protecting those amongst us who are vulnerable. Although these next six weeks will be difficult, we’ve done it once before and we can do it again.
So, with that in mind, this is what will be changing at Foothills over the course of this next lockdown period:
- Our High Tea services will be postponed indefinitely. During the first lockdown period, we had been working on creating a new High Tea menu. We still can’t wait to share this with all of you, but we’ll just (sadly) have to wait a little longer until we can.
- Our Wattletree Restaurant will be closed indefinitely. We’re crossing our fingers (and toes!) that restrictions will be eased by September so that we can reopen our lunch and dinner services just in time for Spring.
- We will be using this time to create video tours of our grounds, facilities, and event spaces. These videos will be designed for those planning an event or wedding who did not have time to visit us before restrictions kicked in.
- Our event managers will continue to be on call for virtual/FaceTime/Skype tours, as well as regular email and phone communication. We want all bride-to-be’s and event planners to know that our team will continue to provide unparalleled assistance and advice. Planning a wedding or event is hard enough in normal circumstances, so we would love nothing more than to help you out and alleviate your stress!
- Our venue is still open for weddings and/or ceremonies that are in line with the current restrictions.
While these new developments have certainly been disappointing, we’re hopeful and optimistic that our community will be able to withstand and overcome these terrible circumstances. In the mean time, we will continue keeping in touch and sharing daily nuggets of goodness via social media. We just ask that you take care of your physical and mental health during this time, and to prioritise your wellbeing. These are extraordinary times, but we’re confident that we can all get through it.
We’re so looking forward to that first celebration in a post-Covid world. See you soon!