Of all the places our guests are most enthusiastic about, Yarra Valley Chocolaterie would have to be number one on the list. Voted the most popular speciality destination in the Yarra Valley on Tip Advisor, Yarra Valley Chocolaterie is always a certain crowd pleaser. Out of over 800 reviews, nearly 700 reviewers rated the Chocolaterie as either excellent or very good, giving it an average rating of 4.5/5 stars. And it’s not hard to see why.
A Little Bit Of History
The Chocolaterie was launched in December, 2012 and, in just five years, has become one of the leading tourist stopovers in the Yarra Valley area. The Chocolaterie is the realisation of chocolate devotees, Leanne and Ian Neeland’s desire to bring to market, high quality, handmade chocolate, with a definite Australian twist.
Legend has it, the couple searched all over Australia (and other parts of the world) before settling on the 16 hectares of prime Yarra Valley grasslands, they now call home.
A Few Fascinating Chocolaterie Facts That You Might Not Have Heard Before
- Over 250 different handcrafted chocolates are available
- All the chocolate for sale is created from the highly prized Couverture Chocolate
- Couverture Chocolate is considered to be the base of all the most celebrated qualities of premium chocolate – such as, crispness, a lower melting point, the creamy smooth feel in your mouth (feeling hungry yet?)
- Dark Chocolate has less sugar than the other two chocolates, but white chocolate has milk powdered added
Special Chocolaterie Delights
For some reason, the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie always looks much bigger on the inside than the outside. One of the very special treats, when you visit the Chocolaterie is the large bowls of white, milk and dark chocolate taste tests, specially placed to welcome you into their Chocolate world. Magically tempting, the tantalising aroma of freshly made chocolate surrounds and envelopes your senses.
Don’t be concerned, all first time visitors to the Chocolaterie are a bit overwhelmed from all the different sights, smells and enticements. Take our advice, buy a first class cuppa in the café, breathe deep, just sit quietly and take it all in. Maybe even prioritise what you want to experience the most.
- The Great Wall of Chocolate
- The amazing range of ice-creams
- The handcrafted Belgium chocolate treats
- A healthy treat, including vegetarian and gluten free options, in the food area (just to keep your strength up).
There really is so much to see and do at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery, 35 Old Healesville Rd, Yarra Glen VIC 3775, and it’s all under 30mins from Foothills Conference Centre.
May 2017 – Rocky Road Festival
Come and participate in one of the only Rocky Road Celebrations in the world. How could anyone not get excited by the over 35 new and tantalising Rocky Road flavours, and one of the world’s biggest blocks of Rocky Road waiting for you to taste?